WHAT IS THE CENTRE USED FOR?
The Centre is used by a large variety of groups on a regular basis, as well as one-off meetings, birthday parties and discos, training weekends for all types of organisations.
The Centre is run by a voluntary Management Committee who meet approximately every 6 weeks to discuss and carry out what is necessary to meet the needs of the user groups and local community. They employ a Centre Co-ordinator who works closely with t hem, and who organises many events which bring together individuals from each user group as well as members of the general public. Here are just a few examples:
- Adult Education Classes
- Fund Raising Activities
- Point of contact for information on local topical issues & enquiries
- Platform for addressing community needs
SOME OF THE CENTRE USERS
- Dingwall Discovery Group
- Toy Library
- Sradagan (Gaelic medium community group)
- Gaelic Youth Club
- WRVS Lunch Club
- East Ross Craft Group
- Adult Basic Education
- Community Education
- Dingwall Art Group
- Outreach Day Centre for Disabled/Stroke victims
- Travelling Day Hospital
- Monday Club
- Mother & Baby Club
The Management Committee run their own Adult Education Programme. This is informal and is spread over the Autumn/Winter period.
A typical year’s programme could include:
- Yoga & Relaxation
- French Conversation for Beginners and Intermediate
- Map Reading & Navigation Skills
- a series of Craft Workshops practicing many skills.
We are always pleased to receive suggestions for future classes and hear from people interested in becoming a tutor. Qualifications are not necessary but a good knowledge of your skill or hobby and the confidence to share it with others is essential.
Classes can help open many doors to new opportunities and new skills and enable you to meet new friends, alleviate boredom or loneliness in a pleasant environment.
OTHER FACILITIES ON OFFER AT THE CENTRE
- Elderly Day Care facility part-time on a Friday afternoon (referral system)
- Creche facilities
- Jigsaw Loan
- CV Production
- Typing/Poster making service
- Information and advice on many issues
- Point of contact for Dingwall Community Newspaper
A WELCOMING FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE
All groups have access to:
- Display Board
- Slide Projector and Screen
- Overhead Projector
- Flip Chart
- Tea/Coffee facilities in all rooms
OPENING HOURS – Co-ordinator Core Hours: Monday – Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
BASIC LET CHARGE
See Dingwall Community Centre website for more detailed list of rooms and hire rates.
Contact Tina Fewster on 01349 864600