St. DUTHUS BOWLING CLUB
The club was established on 21 June 1906. Turf for the green was taken from Morrich Mhor, and the original clubhouse, still in use, and boundary fence were built with wood supplied free by Count de Sierra Largo of Tarlogie. The Opening Ceremony was performed by Mrs Fowler of Mansfield, wife of the town’s Provost, who was Club President and a leading light in establishing the club. The club was also indebted to Invergordon Bowling Club for their assistance in getting established and for providing bowlers for the Opening Day.
Today the club continues to thrive, providing modern facilities for outdoor and short mat indoor bowling. It is affiliated to the Scottish, Scottish Women’s and Northern Counties Bowling Associations, and the Northern, Northern Women’s and Black Isle Indoor Bowling Leagues. Club members have enjoyed much success in competitions run by all these organisations.
Club contact: Mrs Margaret Farmer, Snowberry Cottage, Loandhu, Fearn.