Chandlery, Gairloch Pier
The chandlery and booking office was built in 1990 after the realignment of the road in connection with the development of Gairloch Harbour. Built by Mr John Mackenzie (Johnny Occo), who used it in connection with nautical activities such as boating, sea-angling, and passenger cruises round the bay.
The business offers a wide range of activities. The shop sells marine chandlery, knitwear, footwear, clothing, gifts and ice-creams.
The Bookshop, Gairloch
Opened in June 1992 by Miss Irene Duffy. Situated on the foreshore of Strath. A wide selection of books is available; also cards, music tapes, C.D.’s, and paintings. A tea-room is also within.
The Bookshop Interior 1
Photograph of part of the front and back rooms of the Bookshop showing well-stocked shelves. To the left of the back window is a display of greeting cards.
The shop closed in September, 1999.
Fish Shop, Gairloch
The Old Store, Badachro
Built about 1860 by a Mr McCallum who came from the original clachan to the East of the village. Used as a shop below and dwelling house above. The shop was in use until 1950 and its account books show that it was much used by visiting fishing boats and for victualling local boats as well as by people from as far distant as Melvaig who would go there by sea.
View more photographs of Commercial properties
We were only able to show a small number of the commercial premises that are in the Gairloch community. Please visit the photo album for many more interesting photographs.