Old Churchyard, Gairloch


Situated near golf course and adjoining public car park. The pre-Reformation church of Gairloch, which stood in the burial ground, was dedicated to St. Maelrubha.

Old churchyard and chapel, Gairloch.
Old Churchyard, Gairloch

Attribution: unknown

New churchyard, Gairloch

New churchyard, Gairloch (situated beside the Church of Scotland).

New churchyard, Gairloch

Attribution: unknown

William Ross Memorial Stone

Known as “The Gairloch Bard”, born Broadford, Skye in 1762. The monument was erected in 1850. The monument bears inscriptions in Gaelic and English. He died in 1790, aged 28 years.

William Ross Memorial Stone

Attribution: unknown

View more photographs of the Gairloch Burial Grounds

Click on photo album to view thumbnails and then click thumbnail to see the full size images 
Gairloch » Gairloch Places » Gairloch Burial Grounds