Old Culbokie School Plaque

Ferintosh falls within the parish of Urquhart which also includes the village of Culbokie. In the original Culbokie School there was a memorial plaque dedicated to former pupils who perished in WW1.

Ross and Cromarty Heritage Society is grateful to Angus Bethune who photographed the plaque prior to the closure of the old Culbokie School.

Culbokie School Memorial

Attribution: Mr John W Bruce, Dingwall.

In October 1920 the Memorial Tablet erected in Culbokie School in memory of former pupils who died in the 1914-1918 War was unveiled by the Rev J Johnstone, minister of Ferintosh and Maryburgh United Free Church.