Attribution: unknown or not recorded
Welcome to Ardross
Ardross lies adjacent to a former drove road from Alness to Bonar Bridge which was developed by the Commission for Highland Roads and Bridges between 1810-15 and became the A836 Struie road. The road continues to the borders of Sutherland and includes two of Thomas Telford’s bridges spanning the Alness River.
Adross is a rural area and most of the folk are employed in agriculture, or provision of local services with others working further afield in Dingwall, Inverness or in the offshore industry.