Attribution: not recorded or unknown
Welcome to our community
In 1882-4, Frances Groome’s Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland gave us this description of Resolis:
Kirkmichael or Resolis, a parish of Ross-shire and Cromartyshire, which, containing the villages of Gordon’s Mills and Jemimaville, lies in the NW of the Black Isle, and comprises the ancient parishes of Kirkmichael and Cullicudden. Its church stands 7 miles WSW of Cromarty, and 3 SW of the post-town and station, Invergordon. It is bounded NW, N, and NE by the Cromarty Firth, E and SE by Cromarty, SE by Rosemarkie and Avoch, and SW by Urquhart. Its utmost length, from NE to SW, is 6¾ miles; its utmost breadth is 3¾ miles; and its area is 12, 449 acres.