Nigg and Shandwick Archaeology
Attribution: Anne Gordon & Barbara Scott (Nigg Old Parish Church)
Highland Archaeology Week
Since 2007, during Highland Archaeology Week, Allan Kilpatrick of The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) has led groups round the fortifications on the North Sutor and South Sutor entrances to the Cromarty Firth which were created prior to the 1914-1918 War and added to during the 1939-45 conflict.
All photos are courtesy of RCHS
Allan Kilpatrick of RCAHMS in the pit of the second large gun emplacement (2008). The tip of the South Sutor can be seen in the background.