The War Memorial at Kilmuir Easter is built into the south-west wall of the old churchyard. The names of 27 men from the parish, killed in the First World War, are inscribed on the memorial, see below. There are no names for the Second World War because the majority of men from Kilmuir Easter joined the Seaforth Highlanders were captured early in the war at St.Valery and after many years as Prisoners of war came back home.

Looking south towards Nigg and the Sutors.

Attribution: Mr John W Bruce, Dingwall.

 Looking south towards Nigg and the Sutors  with the War Memorial
in the foreground.

Kilmuir Easter kirk.

Attribution: Mr John W Bruce, Dingwall.

Kilmuir Easter kirk.

Kilmuir Easter War Memorial

Attribution: Mr John W Bruce, Dingwall.

Kilmuir Easter War Memorial

1914 - 1918

KILMUIR EASTER

Unto
the Glory of God and in Memory of
the unreturning brave

PTE DUNCAN CAMERON CANADIANS

LT

CHARLES T. CAMERON

SEAFORTHS

PTE.

DON H. MACKENZIE

SEAFORTHS

SGT.

DAVID BLACK

"

"

DONALD MACLEOD

"

"

JOHN FRASER

"

"

JOHN MACLEOD

"

"

ARTHUR INNES

"

"

WILLIAM MACLEOD

"

"

WILLIAM VASS

"

"

NEIL ROSS

"

"

THOMAS ROSS

CAMERONS

"

JAMES GEDDES

CAMERONS

CPL.

D. THOMSON CAMPBELL

SEAFORTHS

"

JOHN G. GEDDES

"

"

ROBERT MICHAEL

"

"

JAMES F. MACLEOD

"

"

ALEXANDER ROSS

"

"

JOHN MACKAY

ARGL&S HLRS

L/CPL.

FERGUS FERGUSON

"

"

CHARLES ALLAN

RIFLE BGDE

PTE.

JAMES FORBES

"

GNR

COLIN CORBETT

GAR ARTLY

"

HUGH FRASER

"

"

MATTHEW ELLIOT

AUSTLN FCE

"

WILLIAM GEDDES

"

"

MICHAEL ELLIOT

"

 Dulce et decorum est pro patria liberateque mort

Kilmuir Easter War Memorial - Inscriptions

Attribution: Mr John W Bruce, Dingwall.

The Latin Translation reads:
“It is sweet and fitting to die for the homeland.”