Maryburgh Places

Maryburgh Community Collage

Maryburgh Churches

The Free Church


The Free Church was completed in 1840.








This shows the interior of the church and the impressive pulpit with the emblem of the Burning Bush.




A view of the interior taken from the gallery.

This pulpit fall was embroidered by Mrs. Mackay of Fortrose and shows the Burning Bush. This is the emblem of the church and is taken from the story of Moses and the Burning Bush.  The inscription reads NEC TAMEN CONSUMBATUR meaning "It was not consumed"




Commemorative plates.


The millstone which was engraved on the 150th anniversary of the building of the church.


A modern covering on the well in the manse grounds.

The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses





Return to home page

Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage