Maryburgh History

Maryburgh Community Collage

"The Seaforth"

A shipping register, held by Am Baile, records that, at an unknown location in Maryburgh in 1834, a local woodmerchant, James Yule, had a schooner built, subsequently named The Seaforth. The Master of the vessel was John Forsyth. The Seaforth had a burthen of 94 tons, was 63ft in length and 18ft broad.
 
Ross and Cromarty Heritage Society would welcome information on this vessel, e.g. does anyone have a print of it? where in Maryburgh or on the River Conon was it built? what was its subsequent history? what was John Forsyth's lifestory?


Return to home page
Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage