Lochbroom Places

An Teallach, 1062 m. high (3484 ft.)

The name means 'The Forge' either from its smoke-like mists or from some supposed resemblance to a forge.


Weather Station near Loch Glascarnoch.


Burial Grounds       Click to view

Churches                  Click to view

Commercial              Click to view

Features                    Click to view

Public Buildings       Click to view      

Lochbroom Places of interest


Ullapool harbour and Loch Broom viewed from the War Memorial.


Argyll Street, Ullapool.


Shore Street and Ullapool harbour.


Pulteney Street, Ullapool.


Seaforth Road, Ullapool.






Ullapool Museum




Inside views of Ullapool Museum.


Ullapool High School

Isle Martin

The Isle Martin Trust, formed in 1999, is responsible for managing the isle, which is owned by the communities of Lochbroom and Coigach.  The photographs which follow are courtesy of Elizabeth Blackburn.


Remains of houses.


Not all houses are in a ruinous state.


All that remains of the fish curing factory.


The burial ground.


A cross slab within the burial ground.


And the mausoleum.

 
Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage