Kiltearn History

Kiltearn Community Collage
Evanton (Novar) Airfield monument

Memorial at Highland Deephaven Industrial Estate (formerly Evanton airfield) unveilled in 2017 by the Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust.

Kiltearn History


Evanton Airfield
Evanton opened as Novar in 1922 to provide support for the Fleet at nearby Invergordon. 

Ferindonald Papers  by Frank Maclennan
Originally published by Ross and Cromarty Heritage Society.  Printed by Caithness Books, Thurso, Caithness.

Kirk Session Minutes 1705 to 1728
Extract from Kiltearn Kirk Session Minutes 1705 and 1728 By D. C. MURRAY

Old Statistical Account 1790s 
for the Parish of Kiltearn by the Rev Mr Harry Robertson

New Statistical Account (1839)
for the Parish of Kiltearn by the Rev. Thomas Munro 


Oral History  The project was initiated by Kiltearn Community Council in early 1991 with a view to ensuring that memories of times past were gathered for present and future generations.

Storehouse of Foulis  situated on the A9 north of the Cromarty Firth road bridge and approximately two miles from the village of Evanton, comprises a replica of the original ferryman's cottage (now a restaurant and farm shop) and the adjacent girnal, or grain store, where tenants of the surrounding estates brought their grain for storage prior to shipment to ports such as Leith. 

 
Zulu Herring Boats The Zulu fishing boats were owned by men of the Easter Ross Seaboard herring fishing fleet who enlisted at the start of WW1, prior to which they had laid up their vessels at Foulis Point.

Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage