Welcome to Killearnan


Redcastle, before ....


.... and after.

Killearnan

The parish of Killearnan had at its centre Redcastle, originally the castle of Edradour, believed to have been built by William the Lion in 1179, with a wing added in 1641 and remodelled in1840.  Early in the 17th century the castle was owned by the Mackenzie family but passed to the Baillies of Dochfour in the 19th century.  Its former magnificence has been reduced to that of a ruin.

Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage