Conon Bridge Places

Conon Bridge Commercial


The Conon Hotel




The Drouthy Duck and its amusing sign. In 2005 the property was refurbished and became "The Duck". A subsequent lessee renamed it "The Riverside Tavern". This is probably the oldest building in Conon Bridge as it was built to house Thomas Telford's office when the bridge over the river Conon was built in 1809. In 2010 the property became the subject of a planning application, with a proposal that it be demolished and flats built in its place. The application was refused.  Today (2015) it does not operate.

 




Riverbank Nursery

The owner made a successful application in 2010 for planning permission to build houses on the site.


Mace grocery shop, currently (2015) a Spar shop, having been extensively refurbished by that company in 2005.


For many years this building operated as a grocer's shop.  In time it was occupied by a hairdresser and in 2005 became Planet Ocean, a marine aquatic store with associated coffee shop.


This building began life as a clothing shop, owned by K J Mackenzie.  At the time of this photograph it was Bruce White's paper shop.  It became a hairdresser's salon in 2004 and continues (2015) to be the same, trading as "Sammy's".


This Post Office became the successor to an earlier one located elsewhere in Conon.  In 2008 it closed and is currently located in the Spar Shop (formerly Mace).


Conon Bridge Filling Station

This popular Filling Station closed in 2005 and the site has received planning permission for flats.


The Village Blacksmith.

This was the site of the blacksmith's business for many years.  The last blacksmith, Roddie Maclennan, retired and the business no longer operates.


The entrance sign to the busy and popular veterinary practice in Conon Bridge.


The premises of Struan Apiaries, suppliers of honey and fine foods.  This business was started by Hamish Robertson. 

Return to home page
Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage