Avoch and Killen Places


'The Parkie'

This safe playing area for children lies in Park Street adjacent to the Bowling Green. A childrens swing park lies next to it.

Avoch and Killen Recreational Areas


Football field.

Coronation Park, to give this field its full title, was opened in May 1954 with a match between Inverness Clachnucuddin and a select from Inverness Caledonian, Inverness Thistle and Ross County. It drew a crown of about 3000 and a flag was presented to the club by Robert Patience. It is still very much used and must be the envy of many bigger communities.


Harbour area.

This 'reclaimed' area alongside the harbour was seeded with grass in 2001 and should provide an attractive recreational area for locals and tourists alike.
 

Bowling pavilion.

Behind the Station Hotel and adjacent to the bowling green, this building is home to the Bowling Club. In addition to bowling notices and memorabilia are photographs of all the Avoch Herring Queens since 1953.

Return to home page

Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage