Charles William Dyson Perrins

Ardross Community Collage
C. W. Dyson Perrins (1864 - 1958), an English business man bought Ardross Castle and Estate from Alexander Matheson in 1899. Dyson Perrins (of Lea and Perrins fame) gave the Perrins Centre to the town as well as the bowling club and golf club. The original course was on Dalmore flats, which meant that at high tide some of the greens were underwater. The present 18-hole course (on much higher ground!) was leased from Ardross estates in 1922.

Terms & Conditions     © Ross and Cromarty Heritage